Yesterday we took a family outing to feed the ducks. It did not go quite as we had planned. First of all, the minute we got out of the car, the ducks swarmed us - it was crazy. And then, there were these geese that were just out of control - they came right up to me and started pecking at my shoes and pants. (Confession: I am deathly afraid of geese - no joke! I got attacked by one when I was little and yeah, they really scare me.)
So, pretty much, I was screaming and running from the geese at the park, which made Addy (who I was holding at the time) really upset. Ron thinks that I have instilled a fear of geese and maybe even ducks in our child. Oops! Hopefully things will go better next time.
3 comments:
Scary! I'm not afraid of geese but- if they were attacking me I would be! Try it again and hopefully it will go better.
We are planning on going to feed the ducks here in Orem, hopefully sooner than later, and we're taking some stale Cheerio's. If a problem arises, we'll dump the bag and run!
Sounds like a good plan!
You are funny! I bet you did instill a fear in her. My mom is deathly afraid of snakes, so is my sister, and my niece. My nephew brought a snake into our camp this summer and chased them around. They were all freaking out, screaming, and they all run in a different direction. It was hilarious. Anyway, I think mom's do instill thier fears in at least their first kid - worked like a charm in my family!
Post a Comment