Ok, I realize that I haven't blogged for just short of a year. I would apologize, but I feel that the time I've spent away from my blog has given me opportunities for growth that I might not have otherwise had. Anyway, I'm back, so get excited!
My main goal for our family at this time can be summed up in one word: simplify. My first thought: "I don't have time to simplify our family life!" My second thought (from that voice in my head with which I have a love-hate relationship): "You don't have time NOT to simplify your family life!" Here are a few examples of small steps that I/we have taken down the road to a more simple life.
1. Clutter Detox - if we haven't used it, don't use it, or don't plan on using it in the NEAR future, it's gone! Whether donated, repurposed/recycled, sold, or trashed, this has really simplified our home life because we are no longer allowing ourselves to be controlled, in whatever way, by "stuff".
2. Multi-Tasking Mantra - the majority of "stuff" that we keep, where possible, multi-tasks. For example, a great all-in-one toilet seat or replacing our coffee table with two small storage cubes, which also function to hold shoes.
Toilet Seat Info: BEMIS NextStep Round Closed Front Toilet Seat in White at homedepot.com
Storage Cube Info: Mainstays Square Storage Ottoman at walmart.com
3. Limit Junk Mail - catalogchoice.org is a free site that has helped us control what comes into our home. It is so nice to be able to have catalogs and other mailings that tempt us to buy things we don't need out of the picture!
What are your ideas to simplify?
Mm-wah!
No comments:
Post a Comment